As part of the National Stand Up week across post primary schools from Monday 11th to Friday 16th November 2019, Coláiste na Mí organised a week long awareness campaign. In the same vein as our anti-bullying initiatives, Stand Up! week encourages everyone to stand up to bullying, with a specific focus on homophobic or transphobic bullying.
Coláiste na Mí strives to prevent all forms of bullying by promoting an inclusive, diverse and welcoming community. CNM Stand Up week directly feeds into this by creating a heightened awareness and breaking down any difficulties and stigma surrounding this area. Some of the activities undertaken throughout this week included;
- ·Dedicated lessons on this topic for first years which were presented by 6th years
- ·Dedicated lessons on this topic for all year groups during SPHE classes
- ·A bake sale during Sos based on this theme
- ·Many displays around the school to create further awareness
- ·A special photograph from across all years showing support for Stand up week
- ·Cross-curricular links based on the weeks theme
- ·As a continuation of this awareness campaign, 2nd years will take part in workshops by ShoutOut on the 21st November 2019
Thanks to all students and teachers for their role in this week and for taking part and showing their support in the activities organsied. A special word of thanks to the 6th year students who delivered the 1st year lesson during the week and to the students who helped with the bake sale.