Home Economics

Junior Cycle Home Economics will provide strong links to Leaving Certificate Home Economics with students building on their knowledge and practical skills in food studies, resource management, consumer studies and social studies from Junior Cycle.

Like Junior cycle, senior cycle Home Economics has very strong links with Biology, Business Studies and SPHE.

Senior cycle Home Economics comprises of coursework weighting 20% towards the Leaving Cert grade and 80% weighting on the written exam. It is important to note however that there is not as much emphasis placed on the practical aspect in Senior Cycle.

Furthermore, Home Economics at Junior Cycle prepares students who opt for the Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA) subject area of Hotel, Catering and Tourism.

cropped webwise logo

tusla 1

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.